Friday, December 28, 2007

Six Days and Counting...

With caucus night nearly upon us, just six days away-five if you count caucus night itself-Iowa Democrats are getting ready to decide who they want to choose as their presidential nominee. With Clinton, Edwards, and Obama in a virtual dead heat here in the state, it's anybody's guess what will happen on caucus night. Although I've been a loyal Edwards supporter for months now, I went to an Obama event this morning at Northwest Junior High School in Coralville. I got there early enough to sit in the second row (hence the pictures of the senator looking directly at me) which not only meant that I had a great view and was able to make eye contact with the senator, but also that I was able to meet Obama after his speech and shake his hand. And, to be honest, I found him incredibly inspiring. There is just something about the man-- not just what he says in a well honed stump speech, but what he makes you believe is possible about America. I realize this sounds a little hokey, but he truly does make you think that change is possible and the country can be a better place. I'm not saying that I'm abandoning Edwards, but I am carefully (re)considering my options and the candidates. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, here are a few other pictures from the Obama event today and a Hillary Clinton event I attended in Mount Pleasant, Iowa earlier this week.

Iowa Congressman Dave Loebsack introduces Senator Barack Obama at a campaign event at Northwestern Junior High School in Coralville on Friday, December 28th.

Senator Barack Obama telling Iowans that it's time to "Stand for Change." And, stand they did at the end of his speech.

Former President Bill Clinton introduces Senator Hillary Clinton at Mount Pleasant High School on Wednesday, December 26th.

No comments: